You'll love being a valued part of our small and friendly team at Sumo Warrington! With a fast-growing reputation for dependable technical excellence, you'll have endless opportunities to wield and hone your experience and skills on high-profile games with global partners on both established and emerging platforms. And whether you're in our modern town centre studio or working from home (within the UK), you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to take ownership and succeed!
There's never been a better time to join Sumo, recipients of 3-star Best Companies 2021 accreditation for world class employee engagement, the prestigious TIGA Star Award for excellence, and winners of both GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work and Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our ongoing journey. Join us (or get in touch for chat) now!
What does the role entail?
As a Game Systems and Tech Programmer, you’ll immerse yourself in the development of robust technical solutions in collaboration with studio and client engineering teams. You’ll be exposed to a rewarding and challenging variety of technologies/engines, platforms, and titles, accelerating learning, and ensuring engagement.
What do we want from you?
We’re looking for tech-biased C++ programmers with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who’ve accumulated at least 2 years of commercial game development experience. You’ll need prior knowledge of contemporary engines and technologies, proficiency in maths, pragmatic problem-solving skills, commitment to learning, and a passion for game development.
What we offer:
· Annual bonus scheme.
· Share incentive plan.
· Competitive pension.
· Flexible working with option for (UK-based) fully remote.
· 27 days annual leave, including your birthday, a duvet day and Christmas shutdown.
· Cumulative long service annual leave awards.
· Mentoring and career development.
· 5 learning days and access to 4,000 Udemy courses and the GDC Vault.
· Social events including quiz nights, wrap/Christmas parties and family days.
· Employee referral bonus.
· Competitive mat/paternity and adoption.
· Life assurance of 4x salary.
· Income protection of 75%.
· Employee Assistance Programme.
· Relocation support to the UK.
· Visa sponsorship.
· Virtual yoga classes.
· Free (onsite) fruit and drinks.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More about Sumo Warrington:
Sumo Warrington is located at The Base – a modern, spacious, and accessible office - on the outskirts of Warrington Town Centre.
Warrington is a Cheshire town, situated in the heart of the North West of England, roughly midway between the metropolises of Liverpool and Manchester. It’s a fantastic area to live, work and play in, providing:
· Tasty venues to wine and dine.
· Rich entertainment, education, and culture.
· A gateway to the great outdoors.
· Numerous shopping destinations.
· Popular sporting events and activities.
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, with a track record for stability and sustainable growth since its formation in 2003. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, Warrington, The Chinese Room in Brighton, and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India and PixelAnt Games in Wroclaw, Poland.
We share core values of family and security and enjoy industry-leading benefits such as an enlightened approach to flexible and remote working and up to 31 days of annual leave (after cumulative long service awards) in additional to UK bank holidays.