If you’re an experienced, proficient, and passionate C++ tech programmer and want to work on the biggest and best AAA PC and console games in a stable, friendly, and supportive environment with an industry-leading benefits package, the Sumo Warrington Advanced Technology (or SWAT) team is for you!
We’ve already made key contributions to 12 great games - 3 of which are ongoing top-secret collaborations on huge IPs - extending functionality, raising the quality bar, boosting productivity and performance, and eliminating technical debt.
With a fast-growing reputation for dependable technical excellence amongst prestigious partners from around the globe, there are endless opportunities to wield and hone your experience and skills alongside some of the industry’s brightest talent.
And whether you're in our accessible modern studio or working from home (within the UK), you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to take ownership and succeed in your SWAT missions!
There's never been a better time to join Sumo, recipients of 3-star Best Companies accreditation in 2021 and 2022 for world class employee engagement, the prestigious TIGA Star Award for excellence, and winners of both GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work and Develop: Star Awards Best Studio in 2019 and 2021; big things are on the horizon, and we want you to be part of our ongoing journey. Join us (or get in touch for chat) now!
What does the role entail?
Regardless of seniority, you’ll be writing code in close collaboration with studio and client engineering teams. You’ll be exposed to commercial and proprietary engines, pipelines and game systems and a diverse array of hardware platforms. More experienced candidates will be expected to play to strengths, taking greater ownership of work, providing technical leadership/direction, supporting team development and nurturing client relationships.
What do we want from you?
We’re looking for passionate and pragmatic tech-biased C++ programmers with strong maths and problem-solving skills, commitment to learning, and an aptitude for communication and collaboration. For more senior roles, you’ll need a proven track record in game development (or a comparable field) with either relevant specialist knowledge (e.g. graphics) or broad/generalist experience of contemporary engines, pipelines, game systems and platforms.
What We Offer:
· Flexible and remote working.
· Defined annual bonus scheme.
· Salary sacrifice pension.
· Life assurance of 4x salary.
· Income protection of 75% for up to 5 years.
· 27 days annual leave, including your birthday, a duvet day and Christmas shutdown.
· Holiday “buy and sell” scheme.
· Salary sacrifice ultra-low emission vehicle scheme.
· “Cycle to Work” scheme.
· Monthly allowance to spend on enhanced benefits.
· Cumulative long service annual leave awards.
· 5 learning days every year.
· Access to 4,000 Udemy courses and the GDC Vault.
· Social events including quiz nights, wrap/Christmas parties and family days.
· Employee referral bonus.
· Mentoring and career development.
· Dental insurance.
· Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay.
· Employee assistance program.
· “Help at Hand” remote GP, mental health, and physio appointments.
· Mental health first aiders.
· Financial & home-buying support consultations.
· Relocation support to the UK.
· Visa sponsorship.
· “Payroll Giving” scheme.
· Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group.
· Game and book libraries.
· Free (onsite) fruit and drinks.
· Virtual yoga classes.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More about Sumo Warrington:
Sumo Warrington is located at The Base – a modern, spacious, and accessible office - on the outskirts of Warrington Town Centre. We’re in the North West of England, roughly midway between the metropolises of Liverpool and Manchester. It’s a fantastic area to live, work and play in, providing:
· Tasty venues to wine and dine.
· Rich entertainment, education, and culture.
· A gateway to the great outdoors.
· Numerous shopping destinations.
· Popular sporting events and activities.
More about Sumo Digital
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, with a track record for stability and sustainable growth since its formation in 2003. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, Warrington, The Chinese Room in Brighton, and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India and PixelAnt Games in Wroclaw, Poland.
Recent releases include BAFTA Award-winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.