You'll love being a valued part of our small and friendly team at Sumo Warrington! With a fast-growing reputation for dependable technical excellence, you'll have endless opportunities to wield and hone your experience and skills on high-profile games with global partners on both established and emerging platforms. And whether you're in our modern town centre studio or working from home (within the UK), you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to take ownership and succeed!
There's never been a better time to join Sumo, recipients of 3-star Best Companies 2021 accreditation for world class employee engagement, the prestigious TIGA Star Award for excellence, and winners of both GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work and Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our ongoing journey. Join us (or get in touch for chat) now!
What’s the role?
As a Project Manager at Sumo Warrington, you’ll immerse yourself in premium, engineering-biased game development projects. With responsibility for planning, tracking, and reporting whilst supporting and coordinating our talented teams and maintaining great relationships with prestigious developers and publishers from around the globe, you’ll be exposed to a rewarding and challenging variety of IPs, genres and platforms, providing endless opportunities to wield and hone experience and skills.
What do we want from you?
We’re looking for highly proactive and methodical candidates with an eye for detail, pragmatic problem-solving skills, and a track record in continuous improvement. You’ll need to be an outstanding communicator with practical experience of applying Agile production methodologies (ideally in the context of game or software development projects), proficiency with tools such as ADO or Jira, and a real passion for games and the successful development thereof.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
· Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday a duvet day and Christmas
· Holiday ‘buy and sell’ scheme
· 5 Paid Learning Days, including 1 volunteer day per year
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses, The Gnomen Workshop, GDC Vault and more
· Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
· Free Life Assurance - 4x Salary
· Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
· Free Dental Insurance
· Supportive Employee Assistance Programme with confidential 24/7/365 helpline & app
· Access remote GP, Mental Health, Physio appointments & medical second opinions
· Additional flexible benefits scheme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Payroll Giving Scheme
· Game & Book Libraries
· Long service & project completion awards
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Great family events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More about Sumo Warrington:
Sumo Warrington is located at The Base – a modern, spacious, and accessible office - on the outskirts of Warrington Town Centre.
Warrington is a Cheshire town, situated in the heart of the North West of England, roughly midway between the metropolises of Liverpool and Manchester. It’s a fantastic area to live, work and play in, providing:
· Tasty venues to wine and dine.
· Rich entertainment, education, and culture.
· A gateway to the great outdoors.
· Numerous shopping destinations.
· Popular sporting events and activities.
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, with a track record for stability and sustainable growth since its formation in 2003. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, Warrington, The Chinese Room in Brighton, and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India and PixelAnt Games in Wroclaw, Poland.
We share core values of family and security and enjoy industry-leading benefits such as an enlightened approach to flexible and remote working and up to 31 days of annual leave (after cumulative long service awards) in additional to UK bank holidays.